From dryness and dullness to fine lines and dark spots, our skin changes as we age – and our makeup should change with it. Read on to discover the best foundations for aging skin and how to keep makeup from settling into wrinkles.
How to find the best foundation for aging skin
Traditional foundations aren’t always suited to dry, mature skin and can settle into fine lines, wrinkles and dry patches. When choosing a foundation for aging skin, look for:
- Hydrating ingredients: To help keep skin hydrated and prevent foundation from creasing, use a formula enriched with hydrating ingredients, like hyaluronic acid
- Brightening ingredients: To help create a radiant-looking complexion, opt for a foundation that contains ingredients known to help brighten dull skin
- Blurring spheres: To help minimize the appearance of large pores, fine lines and wrinkles, look for a formula that reflects light away from these creases
- Liquid formulas: Powder foundations tend to settle into fine lines and pores, accentuating their appearance, while a liquid formula will offer a smoother finish
- Medium coverage: A light coverage foundation is unlikely to conceal discoloration and pigmentation. A medium coverage, lightweight formula works best for mature skin.
Best makeup for older women
Best foundation for aging skin
The best foundation for aging skin, No7 Protect & Perfect ADVANCED All in One Foundation instantly perfects skin tone and texture by concealing the appearance of blemishes, fine lines, wrinkles, and pores.
Enriched with No7’s unique anti-wrinkle technology, Matrixyl 3000+, hyaluronic acid, a broad-spectrum SPF 50 and optical blurring particles, it helps to hydrate, protect and smooth the skin, lending the complexion a healthy and youthful-looking appearance.